COME AND EXPLORE THE UNTOUCHED
HEEL OF ITALY… PUGLIA
8 day Culinary, Cultural and Lifestyle tour
29 August – 5 September 2020
Along the sun-drenched Adriatic Sea, in the heel of Italy’s boot, lies the region of Puglia. A region that offers access to the freshest seafood, crowd-free open spaces, irresistible desserts and pastries, distinct wines, and the 50 million olive trees that make this region the world’s leading producer of olive oil.
There is an openness and rustic charm in Puglia that is reflected not only in the personality of the locals, but also in the sharing of food. Local dishes are simple, yet thoroughly flavourful and have stood the test of time as they’ve passed from generation to generation.
The region also has countless historical and cultural treasures. Its long and colourful history, has resulted in an eclectic mix of architecture and cultural sites. The baroque town of Lecce, known as the “Florence of the South” is enchanting and the shopping a delight.
Come to Puglia and hear the voices of the past call out over the trulli houses…we promise, once you discover it, Puglia will leave a lasting impression.
We will stroll the charming towns, exploring Southern Italy’s cultural traditions, authentic food and wine and stunning landscape. From crystal blue coasts to whitewashed towns, Puglia brims with picturesque sights.
Join me on a beautiful discovery through the region of Puglia, Italy. Come and sit at my table. The extra virgin olive oil is extraordinary, the burrata cheese the creamiest, the wine of the best quality and the best crusty bread in all of Italy. This regions food is the true Mediterranean Diet!
Exploring, eating, shopping and cooking are all on our menu in Spain!
- 4 Nights in a hotel in Monopoli
- 3 Nights in a hotel in Lecce
- Daily Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
- Arrival transfer from Bari Airport
- Departure transfer to Brindisi Airport
- All transfers in the organised daily activities
- Visit to Bari Vecchia
- Olive Oil Tasting and Visit of an Ancient Olive Oil Estate including a private picnic lunch
- Visit of the White City of Ostuni
- Burrata Cheese-making at a Local Producer
- Visit of the UNESCO site of Alberobello, Locorotondo, and Martina Franca
- Boat Tour of the Sea Caves of Polignano a Mare
- 2 Private cooking classes and dinner
- Walking Tour of Lecce
- Visit of Gallipoli
- Wine Tasting at an Ancient Winery
- Visit & Exploration of Salentino Traditions at a Countryside Estate
- Expert, local guides
- Local city taxes
- Airfares( I can advise and help you with this)
- Travel insurance to protect you should you have to cancel etc.
- Meals and drinks, not specified, however everyday includes breakfast and either lunch or dinner.
COST: 3220 Euros sharing | 600 Euros single supplement
These prices are based on 6 people travelling
Deposit : 1000 Euro (non refundable) upon booking ( travel insurance is imperative)
29 June 2020: 2220 Euros
Once availability is confirmed, I will let you have the necessary details.